I have been in the fitness industry for 10+ years. The benefit of being in it for so long is I have seen trends and what works and what doesn’t work.
Things that don’t work:
- Diet pills – they have the reverse affect. You can lose weight initially but then you gain it back after not using the pills for any length of time. They are also dangerous for your overall health.
- Fad diets – same as the pills, you may have initial success but most diets are not sustainable, which means a yo-yo effect over and over again which kills the metabolism.
- Reduced calorie diets – your metabolism needs fuel. If you don’t give it fuel it will hoard anything you do give it and everything it has left. Have you reduced your calories significantly and seen no weight loss? Your body is slowing everything down, including your metabolism to accommodate.
Things that do work:
- Multiple, balanced meals throughout the day – your body needs consistent fuel to keep the engine running.
- Balanced portions of protein, carbs and fats – each plays a specific role in how the body works and each needs to be consumed to ensure that the body is getting it needs to lose fat and gain lean muscle mass.
For most of us, it’s hard to plan all those dos and don’ts out. That is why we introduced the Take Down Challenge. It is a complete four-week nutritional plan based on you and your goals. There are amazing recipes that are seasonally appropriate. But even if you don’t like to cook, there is an easy pack and go menu that you can use. It takes the guess work out of trying to lose weight.
Our next Take Down Challenge kick-off is Sept 16. If you want some more info about the challenge you can just reply to this email. If you are ready to sign up you can visit www.body3fit.com/takedownchallenge.com
We are in the home stretch to the end of the year. If you are still trying to make this year different then all the others and stick to your New Year goals, I would really recommend participating! Let’s continue to make this ‘The Year of Outstanding.’