“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A $20/hr, Fun And Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just For You!”
“and I’ll train you even if you don’t have any experience”
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Tom Jackobs and I own a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Body3 Fitness Center in the Heights neigborhood of Houston. (inside 610 loop)
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
I currently offer one-on-one customized nutrition and fitness programs, group coaching classes and nutrition counseling which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness. All clients begin with an initial 1-week coaching package which includes: nutrition counseling, exercise program design, nutritional supplements, monthly fitness assessments and possible weekly training sessions here at the studio. We also have an early morning boot camp class.
We also have a very unique approach to bringing on new Fitness Professionals. We require you go through our Apprenticeship program which lasts 6-8 weeks and you are required to put in no less than 4 hours per week of instruction and hands on “lab” time. We typically have 3-4 prospective trainers go through the program at a time with the hope of hiring at least one of the people. But don’t worry if you’re not hired immediately by us, your time will not be wasted. The apprenticeship program gives you all of the tools, knowledge and experience to take a national certification test, pass and become an awesome trainer.
If you are hired for a coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients in the studio 2 – 3 days a week for 2-4 hours per day. Early AM hours will most likely be required and some hours after 5PM as well. As fitness professionals we work when our clients don’t.
Bottom line: you’ll get a great education.. AT NO COST.. and be setup to start training 5 – 10 hours per week at $20 per hour. You will be paid as an employee and on probation until your first review (90 days), and have the opportunity to move up to $22 dollars after a 90-day trial period. Plus incentives and more hours.
My studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do in my studio.
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
* Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
* Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
* Perform Fitness Evaluations: You’ll test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus. We spend a lot of time training and practicing these skills as this is usually the clients first experience with you as a trainer.
* Coach clients through our program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you are working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress. You will also be responsible for coming up with exercise progressions for our small group training program in which you will work with up to 4 people at a time all of whom may have different abilities.
* Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals. Your entire attention is to be on the client, their safety is on you.
* Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our monthly trainer in-services which you are required to attend.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National Certification
- Kinesiology Degree
- CPR Certified
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone:
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Tom Jackobs, CPT, RES
Owner, Author and Motivational Speaker
Body3 Fitness Center
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, I promise that $20/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance, but know it’s not going to happen overnight… you have to earn it!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!