Business is booming!
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Tom Jackobs and I run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Body3 Personal Fitness in Houston, Texas.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
... and business is booming!
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to go through our Personal Trainer Apprenticeship program and to then start training some of our current clients and new clients we add each month.
My studio is located on W T C Jester Blvd, just North of 34th Street in the Heights/Oak Forest Neighborhood of Houston.
We currently offer one-on-one customized nutrition and fitness programs, group coaching classes, and nutrition counseling, which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness.
All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package, which includes nutrition counseling, exercise program design, nutritional supplements, monthly fitness assessments, and possible weekly training sessions here at our fitness center.
Before you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin with an in depth apprenticeship program which we will teach you everything you need to know to be able to coach our clients. We need help in the Early AM and Evening and weekend shifts.
Bottom line: you’ll get all the education you need to be an awesome personal trainer, then if hired we will start you off with a few training times and then build on your success. Your starting wage will be $20 per training hour. You will be paid as an employee and have the opportunity to move up to $22 per training hour after a 90-day trial period. My studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio. Even if you aren't certified we'll give you enough knowledge as part of our apprenticeship program to get certified by any of the national certification bodies.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do in my studio.
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis.
- It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Coach clients through 12-week program. You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).